To be eligible for the NEET 2024 exam, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2024
- Have passed class 12 with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Have a valid Aadhaar card issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI)
- Have a locomotor handicap in their lower limbs and have obtained an overall average of at least 45% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has established the following pass percentages for the 12th grade:
- 50% for the unreserved category
- 40% for OBC/SC/ST and PWD categories
The National Testing Agency (NTA) shares the rules for who can apply for NEET 2024 on their official website, neet.nta.nic.in. If you want to get into medical school in 2024, it’s important to know these rules so you can make sure you’re eligible and have a better chance of success.
You can find all the requirements for NEET 2024 in the information booklet on the website neet.nta.nic.in. It’s crucial for anyone planning to take the exam in 2024 to understand these rules and make sure they meet them.
These rules cover things like what education you need, how old you should be, and your nationality. If there are any changes to these rules for 2024, they will be posted on the website. Before you apply for NEET in 2024, make sure you read and understand these requirements. If you don’t meet them, you won’t be able to apply for NEET in 2024.
Getting into medical programs like MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BSc nursing, and others depends on how you do in the NEET exam. If you’re thinking about taking the NEET 2024 exam and want to know more about the rules for eligibility, age limits, and other important details, keep reading.
NEET-UG 2024 Eligibility Criteria – Everything You Need to Know
To be able to take the NEET undergraduate medical entrance exam, you need to meet certain requirements and send in your application by the deadline. NEET is now also required for people who want to study medicine abroad but come back to India to practice.
Here are the main requirements for taking the NEET UG exam in 2024:
- You must be at least 17 years old by December 31 of the year you apply.
- There is no upper age limit for the exam.
- You can be an Indian citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) to apply for the exam.
These are the key rules you need to follow if you want to take the NEET 2024 exam. Make sure you meet these criteria before you apply.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- Class 12 or equivalent appearing aspirants are also eligible to apply for NEET.
- The class 12 percentage required for NEET 2024 exam is separate for each category and can be listed as under. NEET eligibility marks in 12th to be considered are aggregate marks only for PCB subjects
- UR – 50%,
- OBC/SC/ST – 40%,
- PWD – 40%
Maximum Number of Attempts Eligibility
- There are no restrictions on the maximum NEET 2024 attempt limit.
NEET Eligibility Criteria For NRI/Foreign Students
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in Medical /Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments, Institutions, and the Government of India, as the case may be.
- NRI and OCI Applicants/Candidates have to upload a Certificate from the concerned Indian Diplomatic Mission in the country of their residence in support of their claim as an NRI/OCI Candidate, along with their online NEET UG 2024 application form.
- Similarly, a foreign applicant for NEET 2024 shall also upload Documentary Proof (e.g. relevant pages of a valid passport or a Certificate from the Competent Authority in the country of his/her nationality regarding his/her citizenship status) in support of his/her Nationality, along with online NEET application form.
Minimum Age Limit
- Born on or before December 31, 2007
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2024 – 85% State Quota seats
- The 85% state quota seats mean seats in all government colleges of the states/union territories respectively. Counseling for such seats will be conducted by the respective state authorities. To apply for state quota seats, candidates must fulfill the NEET 2024 eligibility criteria laid down by each state or union territory authority and include domicile, conditions too
- Admission to private medical and dental colleges through NEET will also be subject to the policies of the State/ Union Territory.